Not planned Increase character limit for "Update your status"

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
not necessary but what would be useful for me (and potential others) is the location where you update your status, has a field where you enter url and it shortens using bit.ly or else.

vb.org has a twitter mod that integrates bit.ly api so you can use the same service in your forum

Goodness, it's a status update, not a dissertation peeps.. I think 140 is more than enough myself, and I like the idea of it being all neat for Twitter integration :D

Exactly Kim.

140 characters is a bit short for profile posts/status updates. It's ok for Twitter-like messages, but sometimes I want to write a bit more in my profile. I think for a forum, this should be possible.

This is exactly what the status update is for - Twitter-like messages. The entire purpose of the status update in this software is to integrate with Twitter.
Therefore, keeping it at 140 characters is necessary. :)

Perhaps a new tab on the profile with a free ranging "About" page that will give those that wish it somewhere to say a bit more about themselves.

Perhaps a new tab on the profile with a free ranging "About" page that will give those that wish it somewhere to say a bit more about themselves.
There's no limit that I know of in the About You block on the Personal Details page.
Or are you talking about something different?

There's no limit that I know of in the About You block on the Personal Details page.
Or are you talking about something different?

Oh lol, it's already there :p Shows how much I am concerned about it - hadn't even looked for an About section heheehe.

Goes off to explore the Profile page more...

Maybe it's because I need a 'Blog' section or something... I just can't see the use of a 140 characters message on a forum. But then again I never liked Twitter either.

We're keeping it at 140 chars so it can be automatically sent to Twitter when we get around to coding that particular implementation.

I knew it! .... More like I was hoping for it. Great to know that it's in the "to do" list Kier :)

Would be great a 2 way sync so that if i post something on Twitter it will update my status on the forum too.

Oh lol, it's already there :p Shows how much I am concerned about it - hadn't even looked for an About section heheehe.

Goes off to explore the Profile page more...
The best part is it supports BB Code so there's a lot of scope there.

Personally don't see any need for it to be over 140 characters, in fact if we have the opportunity would make it less. AFAIC it's only for a 'quick' update, not a novel on what you did today ;).

Top Bottom