Won't fix Incorrect Date and Time Stamp Labels

Amaury

This is happening on all XenForo forums I visit, including XenForo Community.

upload_2014-11-2_23-24-55.webp

Notice my last activity, as well as the times on the New Posts page, but then look at my computer clock at the bottom right. It's still November 2, but XenForo is thinking it's already November 3 for Pacific time users. Things from today should still be saying today, not yesterday, and things from yesterday should still be saying yesterday, not Saturday.

Edit: However, current times still appear correct. If I hover over "X minutes ago" on this post, it properly displays "Nov 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM."

Last edited:
This is happening on all XenForo forums I visit, including XenForo Community.

View attachment 88097

Notice my last activity, as well as the times on the New Posts page, but then look at my computer clock at the bottom right. It's still November 2, but XenForo is thinking it's already November 3 for Pacific time users. Things from today should still be saying today, not yesterday, and things from yesterday should still be saying yesterday, not Saturday.

Edit: However, current times still appear correct. If I hover over "X minutes ago" on this post, it properly displays "Nov 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM."

check:

https://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences

Time Zone: setting

Well, it's 12:06 AM and labels are correct now -- yesterday stayed as yesterday and didn't change to Sunday, for example.

I guess we'll see what happens when 11:00 PM comes around today. It's like it thought / thinks that DST was / is still in effect or something and therefore thought that 11:00 PM yesterday was actually 12:00 AM today.

Edit: This more than likely affected everyone when each time zone reached 11:00 PM yesterday, but obviously, I could when it was 11:00 PM here yesterday.

Last edited:
Well, it's 11:24 PM and everything seems fine, so it looks like the bug only occurred the day of DST change, which was yesterday.

Seeing as I wasn't active yesterday from 8:36 PM until sometime after 11:00 PM, I can only guess that the bug started at 11:00 PM based on the fact that DST took place yesterday, so it was like it was somehow thinking it was an hour more than it was since the bug resolved itself at 12:00 AM today.

I guess this can be closed and marked as... well, quite frankly, I don't know what it could be marked as. However, if Mike or Kier could offer some insight on what caused the one hour bug yesterday and if it's happened before when closing this just for curiosity's sake, that'd be greatly appreciated.

This will be DST related and could be down to a JS specific thing. I believe I've seen it before. As it stands, it only seems to trigger for 1 hour twice a year.

The relative JS code likely needs a change in approach for the future, so I'm not going to look into this as it stands.

This will be DST related and could be down to a JS specific thing. I believe I've seen it before. As it stands, it only seems to trigger for 1 hour twice a year.

It's just weird, LOL! The date's correct, it's just that the label is wrong (showing yesterday when it's still today).

So was I more or less right when I said it thought it was 12:00 AM when it was 11:00 PM in terms of the labels yesterday and today? As for when we go into DST, I don't remember it having any issues then, but I'll have to pay attention in March.

The relative JS code likely needs a change in approach for the future, so I'm not going to look into this as it stands.

Thank you, Mike! I didn't expect this to be "fixed," really, after my last post on November 3. I was just looking for an explanation! :D

Top Bottom