IE11's paste behavior was bugged--mostly because of the user agent change--which meant that none of the paste clean up happened with it. I've sorted that.
I've changed Chrome's behavior to prefer using an HTML paste, even when there's a file-based version of it. This one of the first times I've noticed this come up. We were doing something similar before only when there were images in the HTML, but now I'm doing it all the time. It's sort of cool that there's an image format available too, though it's definitely not the exact option we want here.
Note that aside from when an image was pasted, there always was a table there. It's submitted to the server and can be parsed if desired. Since we don't have any alternative for tables, we parse them down as can be seen above.