1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inbox limitation & More

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by seojoseph, Feb 7, 2014.

1. seojoseph

seojoseph Member

I wanted to see how I can configure some settings for different user groups. Before when we had vB we gave Premium Users the ability to:
    1. Upload files up to 5 MB in size. I don't see that setting anywhere for different user groups?
    2. 1,000 message PM box capacity. - and can further upgrade PM box capacity to 5,000 messages. I don't see where I can set that on Xenforo?
    3. Enter a custom user title (displays beneath your avatar). - is there a way I can limit that to just groups?
    Apart from that to specific user groups. What are you setting these as in the Signature Permissions?
    • Maximum links:
    • Maximum images:
    • Maximum smilies:
    and under Forum Permissions what do you have as a suggestive setting for:
    • Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes):
    Thanks for your time.. and I will watch this thread. :)
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. seojoseph

seojoseph Member

any help?
  3. Lone Fox

Lone Fox Member

There are no conversation message capacity settings
    Attachment space settings are global, not definable by usergroup
    "Edit custom title" is in General Permissions (usergroup permissions).

Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes)
    I'm still undecided, but all my new/low post count member group I have it set to 60 (I believe that is the default setting), and disallow signatures. Main reason being, just in case they are a spammer they will not be able come back latter and edit/add links. I've seen spammers do this, they post what appears to be a legitimate post, but then edit the post day(s) latter and add a link. I'm assuming these are human spammers.
    seojoseph likes this.
  4. seojoseph

seojoseph Member