Lack of interest In-thread Moderator posts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dknife

Please excuse me if this has been suggested before or implemented in some way, searching didn't reveal much.

I've found it would be handy for administrative and moderation staff to be able to post in a particular thread that only we can see. So if there are specific discussions that might need to be attended and the staff are quoting them and getting an opinion from other staff, they could do so directly in that thread instead of creating a thread, or adding to an existing thread, in a moderation only separate area.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Please excuse me if this has been suggested before or implemented in some way, searching didn't reveal much.

I've found it would be handy for administrative and moderation staff to be able to post in a particular thread that only we can see. So if there are specific discussions that might need to be attended and the staff are quoting them and getting an opinion from other staff, they could do so directly in that thread instead of creating a thread, or adding to an existing thread, in a moderation only separate area.
We've created a Moderator's Node that has two forums in it called: Moderators; and Sandbox.

Moderators Forum sound like what you are trying to work with. The Sandbox is the test moderator's forum for trying Warnings, etc on three test accounts we have set up.

The node and forums are marked Private so that only members given express permissions can get to them.

This is the permissions for those with the Moderator secondary user group membership below:

upload_2014-3-23_16-19-4.webp
Administrators also are permitted to access this node and forums and their permissions are the same for their secondary membership user group as well.

This works well for our forum.

- Bill

I interpreted the suggestion as moderators being able to post in threads with the posts only visible to moderators.

So issues can be discussed directly in threads, rather than a separate area.

I interpreted the suggestion as moderators being able to post in threads with the posts only visible to moderators.

So issues can be discussed directly in threads, rather than a separate area.

Yes correct, that is what I was looking at.

Top Bottom