In my never ceasing efforts to educated Americans, first aircraft flight ....

Unfort my claims that the first manned flight was actually by a New Zealander, Richard Pearse on 31st March 1903 from Waitohi Flat Temuka...
Ah...in my never ceasing efforts to educated Aussies :p, first aircraft flight was by two Frenchmen, Pilâtre de Rozier and Marquis d'Arlandes, in November 21, 1783 on a balloon.

Aircraft - a vehicle which is able to fly by being supported by the air, or in general, the atmosphere of a planet.
Types of aircrafts - gliders, balloons, kites, propeller, jet, helicopters. [source wiki]

Ah...in my never ceasing efforts to educated Aussies :p, first aircraft flight was by two Frenchmen, Pilâtre de Rozier and Marquis d'Arlandes, in November 21, 1783 on a balloon.

Aircraft - a vehicle which is able to fly by being supported by the air, or in general, the atmosphere of a planet.
Types of aircrafts - gliders, balloons, kites, propeller, jet, helicopters. [source wiki]

Actually don't think any Aussies have taken part in this thread.

Yes you are correct should have been pedantic about terms.

You'd have to put a lot of qualifiers on the Wright flight to call it first...first heavier than air, powered, controlled, manned, flight that didn't crash...etc etc etc

and while we're even more at it:

Edison did not invent many of the things he was credit for, as much of it was done by his research team.

I can tell you what really makes a Kiwi angry - calling him Australian. Strangely, the Aussies get miffed when called Kiwis.

LOL true. And Dragonfly yous can keep the Pavlova and we'll throw in Russell Crowe too ... just give us back Phar Lap :P

I can tell you what really makes a Kiwi angry - calling him Australian. Strangely, the Aussies get miffed when called Kiwis.
I get it. Aussies have a big brother attitude toward Kiwi's and plenty of goodhearted laughs. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I met the guy when my dad worked on Gladiator; he's the biggest douche I have ever met. And his acting can't really back up the attitude :p.
People seem to dislike him in person. I read some years ago Crowe got his butt whooped in London restaurant for insulting a man or throwing plates or something like that.

PVA.JPG

This my license plate. I live an hour from where it took place.
Don't go spreading rumors about how they didn't do something they did.
The internet is serious business.

LOL true. And Dragonfly yous can keep the Pavlova and we'll throw in Russell Crowe too ... just give us back Phar Lap :p
Russ was born in Wellington and is the cousin of two former NZ cricket captains Martin and Jeff. Sounds like a kiwi to me.

Probably a regional little brother thing. Infer a Scotsman is from England or a Canadian from America and the reaction is the same.

Russ was born in Wellington and is the cousin of two former NZ cricket captains Martin and Jeff. Sounds like a kiwi to me.

Probably a regional little brother thing. Infer a Scotsman is from England or a Canadian from America and the reaction is the same.

Is it any worse than the way Americans respond to each other.

I know people from most of the states and like them just fine but for some there is quite a bit of friction. My friends in California say it is not uncommon to poke fun of the rest of the USA then when they come out to the center states they discover that quite a few people make fun of them. The Pace Picante sauce makes a bit of fun of New York City.

Some people in urban areas think of our very rural areas as inhabited by rednecks though I see more people fitting the definition of redneck is town. In some very rural areas the guys that travel a couple of hundred miles to see the wilderness that is wilder than in a National Park get called citiots.

Some people that worked at Yellowstone used to make fun of people that visited from the East Coast. I was in a group of thirty people that spent nine days in New York City and people made a bit of fun of us.

Isn't this kind of normal human behavior?

Top Bottom