IMSpot

imspot

Name of Site: IMSpot
Site URL: http://www.imspot.org
Site Type (Forum, Blog, Website, or Affiliate): Forum
Category: Webmaster
Description: Everything from internet marketing to offline branding and promotion. Learn how to target your efforts to get the best return on your investment.

Are you asking for critique or advertising the forum? For critique I'll say this;

• Good structure
  • Colours are OK
  • Logo is nicely done
  • Some font colours clash with the background
  • Removing more of the default XF styling would give it a more unique 'feel'

I could say both ;) hehe

Thanks

You're welcome. You really do seem to have a clear and well structured layout, the colours used are a little harsh on the eyes but I'm sure many would say that about my forum.

I also like what you've done to the user cards in messaging - again the colours are not to my liking but it's your forum. I look forward to seeing where you take the design next.

Thanks and i will consider developing a unique style for my forum. More important to me now is to focus on providing quality content.

I like it, the category text color is a little dark for the background, but overall it has a professional appeal which is fitting for a forum of that niche. Nice logo!

Any other reviews?

As above, you definitely need a unique style, it's close to default which means it looks like a lot of other forums. Especially for a niche like SEO and Internet Marketing, you need to lead from the front with a slick looking forum.

Your forum also seems to be fixed at a size that's slightly bigger than my screen, so there's a horizontal slider which is annoying. I notice when I downsize the window the frame stays the same size, so it would be even worse on a tablet or phone. You can see the size mismatch top right:

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 02.46.19.webp

Are you really the best marketing forum (your claim in your intro)? The better term is "One of the best" as it's factually correct ;)

Other than that, nice work.

As above, you definitely need a unique style, it's close to default which means it looks like a lot of other forums. Especially for a niche like SEO and Internet Marketing, you need to lead from the front with a slick looking forum.

Your forum also seems to be fixed at a size that's slightly bigger than my screen, so there's a horizontal slider which is annoying. I notice when I downsize the window the frame stays the same size, so it would be even worse on a tablet or phone. You can see the size mismatch top right:

View attachment 80429

Are you really the best marketing forum (your claim in your intro)? The better term is "One of the best" as it's factually correct ;)

Other than that, nice work.

I did some changes, now it's just internet marketing forum. Much better eh?

Thanks for letting me know, this has been fixed

A lot of advertisements. As those for guests only? Unless you are somehow banking off the ad placements, I would suggest toning it down a tad only during your member ramp up phase. Generally speaking, the advertisements you have now are very very low paying ads since your content isn't large. As you continue to grow, so does the advertisements on your site which in turn yields a ton of cash. Just taking a super wild guess but I can't imagine with the quality of ads I seen when I refreshed that your monthly ad income would be $12 max. I could be wrong but if I am, think about how large or small the income is. Can you go a few months without it & see if you attract more members with a clean site?

Selling my site early on is like me going to big Hollywood producers now & saying "Hey yea, I'll be your new star for avengers 3 & I demand 16.6 million for my role". I can't honestly expect the big bucks until I have proven my worth.

Advertisement has ALWAYS had an argumentative stance with people for & against them. My stance is simple. If it makes you money that you are happy with (be it millions or just enough to pay for the site on it's own) then great! Keep em! If they are just there to earn 10 cents a day.... You are doing more harm than good.

That's my only feedback now. Please accept it as positive criticism on something that not everyone agrees about. I come in peace & mean no offense if any was taken!

Regards,
~Gg

Thanks ggace i appreciate your suggestions. And i must say that you are right :)

And what about other things? What do you think about imspot in general

Thanks ggace i appreciate your suggestions. And i must say that you are right :)

And what about other things? What do you think about imspot in general

Actually going through the registration process & stuff now. Shame on me but I am at work. I will comb through the rest in about an hour or so during lunch =)

Top Bottom