Lack of interest Improve the 'Change Name' System to Allow One More Login With the Old Name

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

⭐ Alex ⭐

I often get new users on my forum with fancy names consisting of disallowed swear words. The nicest way to deal with these new users is to change their name and send a mail explaining it was against our guidelines. However, I've discovered that changing the name changes the account username and prevents the users from logging back in with their original name. They get an account doesn't exist message and probably give up and don't come back.

tl;dr

Therefore, I am proposing that when a user's name is changed, allow one more login with the old name (expires in a configurable time default 7 days), and send an auto-generated notice upon logon about the name change and instructions to login using the new one.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom