XF 2.1 Improve the AMS

Robert9

Maybe here are some more people using the AMS with some ideas how to improve it.
My ideas so far:

I can choose the cover picture, but i cant hide it in the text.
Solution: chose the picture for cover, chose also when it should not be shown in the text or as attachment. <= Needs programing
Solution cheap & dirty: add a bbcode to hide parts of the post; add the bbcode around the full attached picture

Control the article icon
At the moment i have no idea how to controll the article icon, probably it is done from the first attached picture or by the one with the lowest id? I dont know. But it seems i cant use an edit to say, delete it! Or take another one from the attached ones! Or take another at all! To work serious an CMS i have to controll that. maybe there are ways (upload the right picture, save post, upload more pictures, hide the first picture by bbcode?) This is not very smart, but maybe i could help? Do you know more?

Size fo the article icon
The size of the article icon should be always the same, else it looks not very professional, i believe, if you have 100*{calc height}.
Maybe i have not seen all options, i will try to find it now. Till now i dont find the 100px width somehwere. Maybe you know more?
I know more now. The size of the thumbnails are set globally by XF options to 100. Is there any addon to change this to x*y from the left top or middle or something?
I remember there should be two or three addons for attchments, so lets have a look ...

Data
I have watched the tables and found all attached pictures added as thumbnails to xf_attached_data; so for every picture you have attached is a thumbnail, and the only thing we need to change is the value to shown here. At the moment the cover_img is saved with attachment_id; from this we get the data_id and the hash to insert the image.
Solution: add one field for data_id, fetch hash,show.

But this doesnt save the problem to have an article icon that is not shown at all in the article (we can solve it with bbcode);

(Seems not to care for the dimension)

Andy has an addon to resize the attachment itself; but it should be possible to change it to change the size of the thumbs, i guess.
But again Andy doesnt care for GD and uses PECL only. (Unfortunately there are still big hosters without PECL)

Hmm, i have searched for attachment and thumbnail and it seems there is no addon to rebuild the thumbs with other dimension than {xf_options_width}x{calced}

Top Bottom