1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Importing vBulletin

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by iguanairs, Nov 11, 2014.

1. iguanairs

iguanairs Member

I have already used the vBulletin importer on one of my licenses. I have since been developing the website on a hidden domain. The site I am porting over to Xenforo was heavily modified and contained thousands of custom templates. Those templates have since (85% so far) been ported over to Xenforos system using widgets and pages. I am trying to figure out my best approach for the final import of my actual website.

What I am wondering is if I can import my vBulletin website over the import I already did. I have 500k+ posts and am not sure if this would be an issue or not.

I was thinking that I could install a clean instance of Xenforo and then download the modifications I have made and do them on the clean Xenforo, and then import my vBulletin if I have to. This will be a lot of work so I would like to avoid doing this if I can.

Is there another option I am missing? I want the import to go as smooth as possible (which it did on the first import) and am trying to stay ahead by getting advice now.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your plan is correct.
  3. iguanairs

iguanairs Member

Which one? lmao I am trying to figure out which route would work best.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That would result in duplicate content.

This is one method: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

As you already have content though, the other option you mention is the best method.
    iguanairs likes this.