Importing users via an excel file

Lone Wolf

Hi I'm a total luddite and we suffered to a corrupted database on an old vb install from one of my previous websites. My webmaster at the time said he was only able to save an exported file (it's an excel file, csv or something) of users leftover from that board.

I've looked at the file and it's just usernames and email addresses, no passwords or anything. The webmaster is long gone and I was wondering if there was any way that I could use this file to recreate my userbase for that board on XenForo? If not, then is there any way to recreate it on vb or some other forum software and then import it into xenforo instead.

It's always sad to see a community die away and a lot of those ex-members have said they'd like to see it revived. Does anyone have any ideas how to achieve this?

You have customized the path (/demo/forums/). Be sure that path is correct. That would correspond to a forum URL like this:

http://www.yoursite.com/demo/forums/

Or just reset it. The default path of "/" works everywhere.

Thanks for all your help Jake, I'll let you know if I decide to go back to this. I got the following error today. i dont know if it means anything...

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: site/demo/forums/impex/index.php
Line: 1

Top Bottom