XF 1.5 Importing phpbb 3.0.12 database into XF 1.5.14 issues

gcreate

Hello all,

I have been having a heck of time trying to import phpbb into XF. Started with 2.0.1 and downgraded top 1.5.x per the suggestions.

I am running into this issue now with th eimport (note i added the x's). Once this is done i hope to install the addons and move to 2.0.x.

Thanks for any help.

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 31
  6. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationEntries() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 405
  7. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationForDisplay() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 227
  8. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 205
  9. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 637
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/76/9143676/html/gmaxprinter/v2/forum/v3/admin.php at line 13

This error is usually caused by the following values being exceeded:

wait_timeout
max_allowed_packet

Try again after increasing those values (usually in my.cnf but your host might have specific advice).

Turns out this helped. Posting for anyone else to use.

I had the wrong server and when i put in the "correct" one it couldn't find the right avatar and files path which is why i didn't think it was correct earlier on.

Refer to this https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-into-phpbb-need-help.110398/

Specifically
Navigate to admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search for DOCUMENT_ROOT to get the absolute path of your XenForo installation.

Put them in for your paths. I also had a file limit reached but i think that had to do with the avatar.

Top Bottom