1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 importing my old forum

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Arnold Family, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Arnold Family

Arnold Family New Member

Hi All,

I have setup the forum on my server and all is good.

My old forum is still active but on a hosted server at IPS they have done a database dump for me and it is titled mkdonscl.sql what do I have to do with it to import it in to the forum now on my server.

At the bottom of the importer it says path to board where it would contain a couple of config files.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to create a dummy IPS installation on the server where XF is installed.

Import the database into MySQL, create the relevant folders and files which the importer requires and populate them with any image files, avatars, attachments, etc. which you want to import.

Then run the XF importer.

3. Arnold Family

Arnold Family New Member

This is where I fall down unfortunately I'll see if I can get someone who knows what he is doing as I don't want to cock it up

Thanks

4. Arnold Family

Arnold Family New Member

i imported the sql database ips did for me but no sign of conf_global.php or uploads directory just a load of tables

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As stated, you will need to manually create those.