XF 1.4 importing from external db (vb) into xmapp

r5mjh

hi all ive managed to get xmapp to work my xf backup db but when i tried to do a full import to xmapp it said the path for the attachments wasnt found but it noticed the db password etc fine, the attachments are in the correct place as i use the same location for the live import, is xmapp capable of importing from a live external db??
thanks

Are your vB attachments stored in the database or file system? If they are in the file system then you need to specify a local path when running the importer in XF. If vB is on a remote server then the attachments will not be local so you need to copy those files to your local XF server so you can then specify a local path in the importer.

thanks jake the attachments are located on the server not in the db, ive tried to setup filezilla but i can not get it working do i need filezilla to access the file attachments on the server thank you

You need to copy vB's attachment storage directory to your XF server. You can use FTP to do this.

Once the directory is copied then you can run the importer and enter the local path (on the XF server) to the attachment directory that you copied from your vB server.

Top Bottom