XF 2.2 Importing from an external server

Graham Smith

When I visit Tools/Import Data/Configure Importer…

I'm asked for the configuration of the local server that I'll be importing from.

However, is it possible to import from an 'external' server, or is it best to export from the old server, and then import onto the new one?

Solution
In general, the target and destination databases and files (data, internal_data) should be on the same server.

Personally I would export the files and database from the old (target) server to the new (destination) server and do the import that way.
What i think you have two options to do that.

First is you can use the mysql from another server by changing the localhost to server host and db credentials but i guess files should be on your current server. So you can set the internal and external data paths.

Second way you can imoprt it on the other server and migrate it to your current server if you want.

In general, the target and destination databases and files (data, internal_data) should be on the same server.

Personally I would export the files and database from the old (target) server to the new (destination) server and do the import that way.

Solution
Top Bottom