XF 1.2 Importing DB - issue with details

rightclickfix

I successfully imported my phpbb3 forums the other day to my test site so thought I'd have a go on the new host I'm moving all my sites too eventually. However, when I ran the importer on my newly setup XF forums and put the details in of the phpbb3 forum config file and DB details it spits it with a user error like this;

Code:
The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
the original config file (username n pw changed for security.

Code:
/ phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'kayakfis_FORUM';
$dbuser = 'username';
$dbpasswd = 'password';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);

I did notice in CP of the site housing the forums (which is in a sub directory) that the DB of the forums didn't seem to have a user name assigned to it? It seemed to be using the username of my main CP login so am I overlooking something here?

so close .......

As the error suggests, the details you have entered for the source database are not correct.

Presumably both XenForo and phpBB are installed on the same server?

No Brogan the phpbb3 forums are still on my old host and I'm moving them to a new host. Could this be the issue as the test site is on the old host whre the phpbb3 forums are and it worked.

ah ok I'll see about migrating the phpbb3 forums now then thanks. I know this isn't XF related but how about if I d/l the forum files in total and u/l them to the new host then run the importer? the forums don't need to be active do they? I suppose the DB needs to be up there though?

I've just exported my DB as an sql file to PC. I need to import it to my new host/VPS account so do I import it somehow as a standalone DB or what? there doesn't seem to be any options?

I'll see if the new host can help me as it's an issue with them not XF so thanks for the quick responses and helpful replies as always (y)

just found DB admin on new host so can I import my DB into the XF one directly off the PC? or is that a bloody stupid thing to do lol?

You need to create a new DB and import the .sql into it.
Then just upload the attachments and avatars and make sure the path corresponds.

You don't need the actual software files.

Just looking at my shiny new forums with all content intact and I noticed all users are labelled "Administrator" under their avatar. Yet their permissions seem to be "member". There's also 2 admin user groups; ADMINISTRATOR & Administrator so maybe one id from phpbb3? I've just found an option to update all users and remove Administrator as a 2nd user group but am afraid I break it after getting so far :)
Any quick links or suggestions please?

Top Bottom