1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Importing Attachments

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Maxxamillion, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Active Member

I looked up a few old threads about this problem but i still can import my forum from mybb all other info is correct but keeps saying attachments patch not found i have tried leaving it as uploads i have tried /public_html/uploads but still nothing any help please

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The absolute path would be something like /home/sitename/public_html/uploads

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Visit admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search the page for "DOCUMENT_ROOT". That will reveal the full server path.

4. Cethlenn

Cethlenn Member

I'm having the same issue and my doc_root is listed as "null".

5. Brogan

Where is MyBB installed currently?

What have you tried in the field for the attachment path?

6. Cethlenn

Cethlenn Member

Mybb is installed at http://www.furryrphaven.com/mybb and I have tried ./uploads, /mybb/uploads, uploads, mybb/uploads, furryrphaven.com/mybb/uploads, /furryrphaven.com/mybb/uploads, tower.dreamhost.com/[username]/furryrphaven.com/mybb/uploads ... [username]/...

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have ssh access to your server?

8. Brogan

Logging in to FTP may show the path.

9. Cethlenn

Cethlenn Member

I do, and I'm about to try that- i uploaded an attachment and have been looking for it via filezilla. Thank you. :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  10. Cethlenn

Cethlenn Member

ok, I went in via ftp and the attachments directory is ftp://ftp.furryrphaven.com/furryrphaven.com/mybb/uploads/ which the Xenforo software apparently cannot find?

11. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is your FTP restricted to individual folders? If you submit a ticket with ftp, ssh, admin and control panel access I can look into this further for you tonight.

12. Cethlenn

Cethlenn Member

I don't believe it is. Let me get it set up and submit the ticket. I'm talking to my host as well.

13. Cethlenn

Cethlenn Member

Alright, the import directory issue is fixed, it was a /home/userid issue that my host had to tweak perms on. I will probably not need to submit a ticket after all! Thank heavens!