Fixed Importer doesn't import VM IPs correctly (vB)

AlexT

In vB, IP addresses of visitor messages are stored in long format (I know, it's kinda random considering that elsewhere vB uses the dotted string presentation for IPs). In order to correctly import IP addresses to xF, the following line has to be fixed in the vBulletin.php importer module:

PHP:
'ip' => $vm['ipaddress']

into

PHP:
'ip' => long2ip($vm['ipaddress'])

...since subsequently logIp() which is used expects a dotted IP address string.

VM being Visitor Messages being imported as Profile Posts? They don't parse BB Code on profiles, so importing them and not stripping them would lead to broken content. Without it, they'll read and flow as a normal message.

VM being Visitor Messages being imported as Profile Posts? They don't parse BB Code on profiles, so importing them and not stripping them would lead to broken content. Without it, they'll read and flow as a normal message.
Ahh thanks, King Kovifor, I wrote an addon for supporting BB Codes in profiles, but forget to mention this part in my edits of the importer module (i.e. it's not built-in). I'll remove the "slightly related" part above... ;)

I've implemented the long2ip() change, but I'm not sure I follow your discussion about BB code support - if you look at the importer, we create an instance of XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text and use it to render the BB code out to plain text, which will work in XenForo profile posts - does that resolve the discussion you've been having here?

Screen Shot 2013-07-10 at 09.16.32.webp

Top Bottom