Not a bug Imported Custom Profile Fields do not display under avatar

Cooper

I added some custom field info from my old vbulletin into xf by inserting them into xf_user_field_value.

The values appear fine in the users profile page but they do not appear under their avatar. If I go in and edit their profile and hit save, it suddenly appears and empty fields are created in xf_user_field_value for fields that are not being used by that user.

Perhaps this is by design?

mysql.webp
Looking at above, if I insert '99' 'drives' 'Xantia TD' without the other records it doesn't appear under avatar.

TIA

I agree with Russ. Make sure these things are enabled:

Admin CP -> Users -> Custom User Fields -> [click the field] -> General Options -> Viewable in message user info

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Message Elements -> Show custom user fields

The values appear fine in the users profile page but they do not appear under their avatar. If I go in and edit their profile and hit save, it suddenly appears and empty fields are created in xf_user_field_value for fields that are not being used by that user.

Perhaps this is by design?

View attachment 19950
Looking at above, if I insert '99' 'drives' 'Xantia TD' without the other records it doesn't appear under avatar.

It is true that those records are not created until those fields are submitted somewhere for that user. For example, a newly registered user who registered on the front end will not have those records (unless those profile fields were set to show on the registration form). But the nonexistence of empty profile fields does not affect the display of others. I just tested and confirmed this.

I added some custom field info from my old vbulletin into xf by inserting them into xf_user_field_value.

This is your problem. It won't work if you manually insert xf_user_field_value records because those values are also cached in xf_user_profile.custom_fields. Editing and saving a user in the Admin CP prompts a rebuild of this cache.

Not a bug.

This is your problem. It won't work if you manually insert xf_user_field_value records because those values are also cached in xf_user_profile.custom_fields. Editing and saving a user in the Admin CP prompts a rebuild of this cache.

Not a bug.

This was exactly it; rebuild of user caches has done the trick many thanks.

Not a bug, apologies.

Top Bottom