XF 1.4 Import questions

trman

I am ready to do an import from Vbulletin. I have done all my customizations and have backed up the database.

If I add a couple of "pages" like terms of use, about us, etc. BEFORE I do the database import is there any problem? Those things were static pages in my VB forum, there is nothing in the VB database with those titles.

Well page nodes are nodes so it will cause issues if you want to maintain IDs from the import. They would need to be added afterwards in that case.

Okay, the page nodes I put in Xenforo started numbering at 3 and ended at 14.

The vbulletin forum I am importing lowest forum number is 159

I do want to retain the forum numbers.

Do you still think it will matter? (I am doing import right now, so if you say it will matter I will abort the import)

Then strictly speaking you should be ok, though officially we would say that if you're maintaining IDs, you shouldn't have any non-default content in XF.

Okay I will continue the import and see how it turns out. I do have a db back up before the pages were added that I could use if need be.

I have 1.7 million posts so the import takes quite a while, I will post back here and let you know how it turns out as far as maintaining the ID's.

I imported the forums and they maintained their id starting at #159 on up through 288. The pages I added earlier are 3-14

So I guess I am okay?

I am starting the posts import now.

Top Bottom