1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Import Questions

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Hornstar, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

I am getting ready to do my import from vb 3.8 and I have some questions :)

1. vbulletin 3.8 is in the /forums/ directory. Now if I install xenforo in a /temp/ directory, finish the import and get it all ready to go live, am I then able to change my forums directory to oldforums and change temp to forums?

2. If the above is a yes, what do I need to know and do about the redirection script as 1, I have vbseo and 2, I will be installing in another directory first. As my site is a bigboard I don't want to get the redirections wrong and cause more damage to my google rank.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1. Yes. Just switch the board URL in the options.
    2. I believe there is a link that can help you with vBSEO redirects. As long as you make the redirects post directory move, you'll be fine. I believe this tool is called "XFSeo".
  3. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

Do you mean this: http://tools.geekpoint.net/xfseo/

It no longer works.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that's what I meant. There are several threads here that could help you, but if you post old URLs and new URLs someone can surely help you.