XF 1.5 Import Question

erich

So, it's been a while since I've done a full board import. I accidentally deleted a forum when trying to move it to a new category. (I forgot to un-child it and it erased the forum with all the post).

I have the post on my old board and I'm wondering if I re-import will it import all the users + threads + post etc or can I just import sections I'd like?

Thanks for the help.

It will reimport everything (causing a lot of duplication and it may make user counts off, though if you later delete the duplicate content this may be resolved). There isn't a way to do a selective import like that.

One solution would be to make a copy of the old board, prune it down to just the forum you want, then do a full import from that pruned copy. But the users and user groups would still duplicate. It's messy.

The more precise approach would involve some custom SQL. Basically you would run the full import again on a second copy of XF, then I would go in and merge the missing forum from the second copy with SQL. It would require some muscle but I could do it. And I can only do this if both imports have preserved the source ids.

One solution would be to make a copy of the old board, prune it down to just the forum you want, then do a full import from that pruned copy. But the users and user groups would still duplicate. It's messy.

The more precise approach would involve some custom SQL. Basically you would run the full import again on a second copy of XF, then I would go in and merge the missing forum from the second copy with SQL. It would require some muscle but I could do it. And I can only do this if both imports have preserved the source ids.
yeah I might do that

Top Bottom