XF 2.1 Import permissions

Wildcat Media

I am looking to import two forums from a board into a larger board. Since these are staff forums, we obviously don't want these in public.

When I import these, what forum permissions are set? Are they publicly visible by default? Do they follow the permission of the imported forums? (That way, I could turn off visibility before importing.) Or are they publicly not visible until I set them as such? I don't want to have our main forum down for very long while I import these and more importantly, want to avoid any mistakes.

Do they follow the permission of the imported forums?
That should be the case.

However, if you close the forum before importing, which you should do anyway, only admins can access the site, which will allow you to check before opening it up again without leaking any content.

However, if you close the forum before importing, which you should do anyway, only admins can access the site, which will allow you to check before opening it up again without leaking any content.
I always try to check everything, but the ol' brain of mine isn't what it used to be. Extra precautions are always taken, and I still miss something along the way. 😒 Sucks getting old.

Top Bottom