MG 1.1 Import from sonnb hangs at 38.07%

Movie Prop Sites

When we installed our first site, we used sonnb's excellent gallery. However, as we have moved more sites to xenforo, we decided to go with XFMG as our standard. I have installed XFMG alongside sonnb on the first site and am trying to migrate from one to the other. As the title says, the import simply hangs at 38.07%. We have stopped and restarted and it picks up where it left off but continues to hang at that point. I assume there must be a bad image or some type of slightly corrupted data it is hanging on but with only a percentage to look at, I don't know what to do to get past it. Any help would be appreciated.

Does it just keep refreshing at that percentage, or error out? If it errors out, anything posted to the XenForo or php error logs?

If it is just refreshing, if you look at the database tables, are new records being added?

If just keeps refreshing. I see a "continue" button pop up and then disappears.

Records have been added, but it doesn't appear that it is getting any further over time, so it does appear to be hung where it is now.

If just keeps refreshing. I see a "continue" button pop up and then disappears.

Records have been added, but it doesn't appear that it is getting any further over time, so it does appear to be hung where it is now.

The % given can be wildly inaccurate, if new records are being added in the database, even if the percentage is staying still let it continue, it will do a recalculation eventually and continue.

The % given can be wildly inaccurate, if new records are being added in the database, even if the percentage is staying still let it continue, it will do a recalculation eventually and continue.

So, we have had the migration tool running since your last post. It does appear to be running and I am not 100% sure where I should be looking, but I am using the xengallery_media table as a guide as I assume those are the files. Since this morning no new records have been added. The last media_id is 3070 and has not changed.

Have you attempted to log out of the Admin CP, log back in and then resume the import? Occasionally this is enough to get it going again.

Ok.

If you have retained the content IDs, then it means that the next ID it is trying to import from sonnb's gallery is 3071 (or whatever the next one is after 3070).

It may just be a case of identifying that image in the original gallery and replacing it or removing it. At which point, the import should proceed.

Ok.

If you have retained the content IDs, then it means that the next ID it is trying to import from sonnb's gallery is 3071 (or whatever the next one is after 3070).

It may just be a case of identifying that image in the original gallery and replacing it or removing it. At which point, the import should proceed.

I didn't tell it to retain the IDs, but that data was migrated from IPB a couple of years ago, so hopefully a number that low would actually match up with the sonn ID since they were all pulled at the same time from IPB into sonn. Let me give it a try.

untitled-1-jpg.147434

38 days???

Top Bottom