MG 2.1 Import from one forum to another

7emper5i

Hello,
I have updated my forum and have been in live operation for some time. Before I had the SonnB gallery and made the mistake to upgrade to 2.1 first and then import the gallery.

Now I have the live forum on XF2.1, the backup of the old board I have also upgraded to XF2.1.

How do I get the content from the saved board to the live board?

Regards,
Philipp

There isn't an importer for XF2 for the sonnb gallery.

A couple of options are:

1. Revert back to XF1, using the backup which was taken, install XFMG1, run the import from sonnb, then upgrade to XF2.
That would result in a loss of any content posted since then though, so it's not ideal.

2. Create a new installation of XF 1.5 and XFMG 1.1, import sonnb gallery content from your original XF1 to XFMG 1.1, upgrade XF and XFMG to 2.1, then import XFMG 2.1 to XFMG 2.1.

Confused? :D

Brogan,

you are bright star in supporting this community... exspecially in how fast! and precise you are at what you are doing. Thank you - again!

I knew, that there isn't an importer für the gallery. This is why I installed the XFMG on the old system.

I've already upgraded the old backup-system to 2.1 - How do I get these two XFMG now to merge with each ofter?
Ive searched the manual for XF2 and the gallery, but maybe I overlooked something...

Top Bottom