1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Import EXIF/IFD0 data to title description (adobe lightroom)

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Closed Suggestions' started by electrogypsy, Jan 31, 2015.

1. electrogypsy

electrogypsy Active Member

just wanted to point this out from the old XMG website, it's a feature i'd really like to see happen in XMG since it would make a world of difference to all us lightroom users.

short version is that we need a way to import automatically exif/ifd0 data from pictures (i.e. captions, titles, etc) from photos that have been organized in adobe lightroom.

it's not impossible, since sonnb's gallery plugin already does it by default.

Sukrams and thedude like this.
  2. boban

boban Well-Known Member

EXIF/IFDO is already implemented. Just add value to EXIF Parameters.

1. CP -> Applications -> Gallery Options ( Image Options Tab ) EXIF Parameters.
    IFDO Artist {value}
    IFDO ImageDescription {value}
    2. CP -> Applications -> Gallery Rebuilds / Rebuild EXIF Data
  3. electrogypsy

That doesn't work. @boban you already commented on this on my thread on the xenresources.com website:

XMG does not import data from lightroom EXIF/XMP data and fill the title/description fields automatically the way Sonnb's gallery does by default. I prefer XMG, which is why I'm posting this as a suggestion. The linked thread above details everything you need to know about how lightroom is embedding data for anyone that's curious.
  4. boban

boban Well-Known Member

Well, you're looking for IPTC and XPM metadata not EXIF metadata.
  5. electrogypsy

i suppose you are correct. unfortunately im unable to change the title of this thread.
  6. baka

baka New Member

Any updates on that one? Would be great for me to us captions, keywords as tags and so on...
  7. electrogypsy

i've brought it up multiple times but it doesn't seem like something they're interested in doing. i've moved on from xmg a while ago.