Fixed Import Error

Venthas

Got this running the import from Invision 4.5.4 to Xenforo. Any ideas?

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "applications" in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 531
  1. XF::handlePhpError() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 531
  2. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->hasAdminPermission() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 814
  3. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->setupImportUser() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 708
  4. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->stepUsers() in src\XF\Import\Runner.php at line 242
  5. XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src\XF\Import\Runner.php at line 59
  6. XF\Import\Runner->run() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\Import.php at line 234
  7. XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 350
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 257
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 113
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 55
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2300
  12. XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 488
  13. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

What version of PHP are you running? Is it PHP 8? At this point, I'd likely recommend running 7.4 instead as this error should just be a notice there, which would probably let the import continue. (Though there might be similar errors logged.)

This may be an IPS 4.5-specific error as well -- it's possible they have changed the related data structures. We might need to get a copy of your data to do some testing. I'm not sure if that's viable.

importing with xenforo 1 or xenforo 2?
This was originally posted with a prefix. This is for 2.2.
What version of PHP are you running? Is it PHP 8? At this point, I'd likely recommend running 7.4 instead as this error should just be a notice there, which would probably let the import continue. (Though there might be similar errors logged.)

This may be an IPS 4.5-specific error as well -- it's possible they have changed the related data structures. We might need to get a copy of your data to do some testing. I'm not sure if that's viable.
Running php 7.3. The data would be...quite large. Compressed, the /uploads/ folder is about 350 GB on my local hard drive.

Just updated XAMPP to use 7.4, and am receiving a different error:

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 531
  1. XF::handlePhpError()
  2. in_array() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 531
  3. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->hasAdminPermission() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 814
  4. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->setupImportUser() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 708
  5. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->stepUsers() in src\XF\Import\Runner.php at line 242
  6. XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src\XF\Import\Runner.php at line 59
  7. XF\Import\Runner->run() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\Import.php at line 234
  8. XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 350
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 257
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 113
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 55
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2300
  13. XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 488
  14. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Just updated XAMPP to use 7.4, and am receiving a different error:

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 531
  1. XF::handlePhpError()
  2. in_array() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 531
  3. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->hasAdminPermission() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 814
  4. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->setupImportUser() in src\addons\XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums.php at line 708
  5. XFI\Import\Importer\IpsForums->stepUsers() in src\XF\Import\Runner.php at line 242
  6. XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src\XF\Import\Runner.php at line 59
  7. XF\Import\Runner->run() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\Import.php at line 234
  8. XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 350
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 257
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 113
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 55
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2300
  13. XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 488
  14. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
lower your php version to 7.2

Sorry, I misread the error -- thought it was something that PHP 8 bumped up to a warning from a notice, but it's not.

To debug this, I'd need temporary access to a dump of the database or FTP/similar access to an import that's currently blocked by the error. If you can help with this, please submit a ticket via your customer area with those details in the sensitive data area and reference this thread.

Sorry, I misread the error -- thought it was something that PHP 8 bumped up to a warning from a notice, but it's not.

To debug this, I'd need temporary access to a dump of the database or FTP/similar access to an import that's currently blocked by the error. If you can help with this, please submit a ticket via your customer area with those details in the sensitive data area and reference this thread.
Alright, thanks! Ticket has been submitted.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XFI release (1.4.1).

Change log:
Prevent an error when importing from IPS if a user has an empty set of admin permissions.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom