• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Import, customize, delete everything then finally import again?

I'm in the process of moving from vB to XF but I think it would be best to do the customisations and everything and make sure that it all works if there are posts/threads there. But it is advised that we should not create any content if we want the imported posts/threads to maintain their IDs so how should I go about it? Can I create content, do the customizations, see if it works and then delete everything before doing the import? Or can I do the import now, do the customizations then delete posts & threads to do a latest import? It would be better, I think, if I can import and do the customizations on the real content that we have. But how do I delete all posts/threads/nodes after that so I can do a latest import just when making the switch?

Mr Lucky

As far as I know you need to import into a clean installation.

However if your customisation is purely within the style templates or properties as opposed to the core options, phrases etc. then you can create a custom style and export it.

You can then import this into a clean installation after the import
Last edited: