Implement group mentioning (tagging)

Martok

This is currently possible using the Tag Me add-on and it is useful to be able to alert a group of people, for example premium users, moderator group, a team on a gaming forum etc.

In Tag Me there are permissions to specify who can use the group tagging, meaning this can be limited to certain members and prevent mass annoying alerts.

Would be great to see it in the core.

Upvote 71
In 2022-2023, this should be a default feature.
Why? :)

I honestly don't see a usecase that a large amount of customers could benefit from.

Mentioning @Registered, @Unregistered / Unconfirmed doesn't make any sense to me.

A usergroup for banned users or bounced emails might be common, but @Banned or @Bouncing seems useless as well (to me).

Mentioning @Moderating or @Administrative could be useful in rare cases to make staff aware of issues, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to file a report in this case?

So I still wonder which usergroups would make sense?

Why? :)

I honestly don't see a usecase that a large amount of customers could benefit from.

Mentioning @Registered, @Unregistered / Unconfirmed doesn't make any sense to me.

A usergroup for banned users or bounced emails might be common, but @Banned or @Bouncing seems useless as well (to me).

Mentioning @Moderating or @Administrative could be useful in rare cases to make staff aware of issues, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to file a report in this case?

So I still wonder which usergroups would make sense?
Almost every Discord server out there utilizes this feature on a weekly basis. For one example…

Almost every Discord server out there utilizes this feature on a weekly basis. For one example…
To be fair tho, it's useful on Discord to ping staff because the default report feature isn't for the server owners (which kinda sucks)

But tagging users is useful to members if forums do meetups or for online multiplayer matches in gaming communities.

Technically @everyone (etc) is already possible (sort of) through Admin Panel -> Communication -> Contact users -> Alert users but that's only available to an admin and has some extra steps to take.

Top Bottom