Implement email alerts for user mentions

Martok

This is currently possible using the Tag Me add-on and it is useful to be able to alert people by email that they have been tagged in a post.

In Tag Me there is an option in the ACP to turn this off or on for the site, thus giving the choice to admins as to whether or not to use it. If enabled, users can then choose to enable/disable email alerts individually.

This is something that members of my community, myself included, have found invaluable. It's also a great way of giving AWOL users a nudge to return to the forum without having to compose a Conversation.

Would be great to see it in the core.

Upvote 53
This is currently possible using the Tag Me add-on and it is useful to be able to alert people by email that they have been tagged in a post.

In Tag Me there is an option in the ACP to turn this off or on for the site, thus giving the choice to admins as to whether or not to use it. If enabled, users can then choose to enable/disable email alerts individually.

This is something that members of my community, myself included, have found invaluable. It's also a great way of giving AWOL users a nudge to return to the forum without having to compose a Conversation.

Would be great to see it in the core.
I'd love to see this option added.

Please & thank you in advance :)

For those people that love email ... this would definitely be popular.
That being said, the Tag Me addon is so good and so well supported ... it's like it is in the core :)
It's probably better than being in the core ... because xfrocks is likely to keep it fresher than Xenforo itself !

For those people that love email ... this would definitely be popular.
That being said, the Tag Me addon is so good and so well supported ... it's like it is in the core :)
It's probably better than being in the core ... because xfrocks is likely to keep it fresher than Xenforo itself !
Yes, the Tag Me add-on is indeed good and I've used it for quite some time, before Xenforo introduced tagging to the core. I'm just asking (and others are agreeing) that rather than just implement some of the features of the Tag Me add-on, they add ALL of the feature, namely:

1. email alerts (this suggestion)
  2. Tagging on user profile posts
  3. Group tagging

:)

Ya, it would need to have an option to turn it on / off like most other notifications. On another popular forum the members HATED that they were auto-subscribed to topics in which they posted, but on a less-busy forum the members loved it.

Too much activity is definitely a problem I'd like to have on all my forums! :D

Email alerts should be part of the core, many a time I have alerts on xenforo sites I don't view that much, where I been tagged for help or asked something and because I don't view them that much I did not know.

If email alerts was core, I would have knew almost right away, it helps keep people on and viewing your site.

We are wanting email notifications for tagging as well. Without this most of our users would never know they were tagged, and most of them don't check the site unless they get an email notification. Is this on the road-map?

Top Bottom