TazDevilLooney

Xenforo 1.0.4

ImageMagick PECL Extension

I get this error when i try uploading SOME animated gif's

SnapShot_070521.webp
The gif im trying to upload is 388KB 500x500

Animated-GIFs-davidope-20.gif

A zipped version is included below.

If i use the refresh button everything works correctly and the avatar has uploaded and is animating.

I get this error report in xenforo.

Code:
ErrorException: rename(\mysite.com\_\internal_data\temp\xfA90.tmp,C:\mysite.com\_/data/avatars/s/0/7.jpg) [<a href='function.rename'>function.rename</a>]: Access is denied. (code: 5) - library\XenForo\Model\Avatar.php:337
Generated By: Makcalable, 43 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'rename(\v...', '\_...', 337, Array)
#1 \mysite.com\_\library\XenForo\Model\Avatar.php(337): rename(\vhosts\_...', '\vhosts\_...')
#2 \mysite.com\_\library\XenForo\Model\Avatar.php(201): XenForo_Model_Avatar->_writeAvatar(7, 's', \vhosts\_...')
#3 \mysite.com\_\library\XenForo\Model\Avatar.php(69): XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar(7, 'C:\Windows\Temp...', 1, 500, 500, Array)
#4 \mysite.com\_\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\Account.php(489): XenForo_Model_Avatar->uploadAvatar(Object(XenForo_Upload), 7, Array)
#5 \mysite.com\_\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload()
#6 \mysite.com\_\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 \mysite.com\_\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "http://mysite.com/account/avatar-upload"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["use_gravatar"] => string(1) "0"
    ["avatar_date"] => string(10) "1310836657"
    ["avatar_crop_x"] => string(1) "0"
    ["avatar_crop_y"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "7,1310848176,58116d120fa225c1583af5248a3d6132414869da"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(9) "json-text"
    ["_xfUploader"] => string(1) "1"
  }
}

My server logs only contain 200 / 304 or this one line.

Code:
[Sat Jul 16 22:00:28 2011] [error] [client 189.221.150.65] ModSecurity: Multipart parser init failed: Multipart: Multiple boundary parameters in C-T. [hostname "fixitwizkid.com"] [uri "/account/avatar-upload"] [unique_id "TiH77MCoAUcAABO4HY8AAAAW"]

Untitled-200000.webp

Any idears?

Attachments

ErrorException: rename(\mysite.com\_\internal_data\temp\xfA90.tmp,C:\mysite.com\_/data/avatars/s/0/7.jpg) [<a href='function.rename'>function.rename</a>]: Access is denied. (code: 5) - library\XenForo\Model\Avatar.php:337

This looks like a problem of file permissions when XenForo tries to move the file into place ("Access is denied"). Make sure both data and internal_data (and all of their subdirectories) are writable by the web server.

This looks like a problem of file permissions when XenForo tries to move the file into place ("Access is denied"). Make sure both data and internal_data (and all of their subdirectories) are writable by the web server.

Thanks for the reply Jake, this only happens on some animated gif's. Some will upload fine others don't. I can't see this being a server issue or none of them would of uploaded. ;)

Seems to give an error on the renaming of the uploaded avatar from .tmp to what ever extension. Well that's my thought.

That's a point why is it renaming a .gif to a .jpg?

Be nice to know if anyone else gets this error with the avatar provided. :whistle:

The error is pretty clear. If it only happens with some images then maybe your file permissions are inconsistent within data and internal_data. Try setting the permissions to propagate down to all subdirectories. Maybe different images are processed differently such that not all images produce an error. Just guessing.

I can understand what your saying Jake however i have had no problems with the prevoius versions of the xenforo build. None of the premissions have been changed on the server since the beta days of xenforo.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having this issue as well. Like Taz, it only occurs with some animated gif files. It's not the permissions, everything in there is all set. No idea what the issue could be...

Kind of curious if Taz or anyone else ended up figuring this out or going back to the default php gd one.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having this issue as well. Like Taz, it only occurs with some animated gif files. It's not the permissions, everything in there is all set. No idea what the issue could be...

Kind of curious if Taz or anyone else ended up figuring this out or going back to the default php gd one.

My problem it still unresloved. Only does it with large gif's don't know why. Sorry i can't be more helpfull :(

i am having exactly the same problem, trying to upload a static JPG image, ~20KB, 367 x 367 pixels. i have changed my avatar several times, and this is the first time i have ever seen this message.

permissions are definitely correct (filezilla reports the above named folders as drwxrwxrwx), and i'm using xenforo 1.1.3.

Yeah ok, I got this too. I've been modifying user's avatars through the admin panel. Everything was fine except for one user where I kept getting:

Error
Please enter a positive whole number.​

I tried a different image and that worked fine. I then tried the "faulty avatar image" with a different user and had the same problem.

So I opened the file in Paint Shop Pro, copied it, named it something else, saved it as a new image, tried again and it worked fine. Odd though.

Update: So here's more weirdness, if I try to change my avatar to one of those failed "please enter a positive number" images that bugs out XenForo, it fails but... My while "large-sized" avatar will still show as the previous avatar, everywhere it uses the small and medium sizes will end up being the "failed" image.

Must be a bug or something in how XenForo is re-sizing / copying / moving images.

See the image and how my large avatar is one image while my small avatar is another (the one that "isn't positive")...

wtfxenforo.webp

Yeah, seems something to do with particular images. Maybe their dimensions or something - because re-sizing or even re-saving the image in a different format (jpg > png, png > jpg) seems to make it work fine.

I just managed to reproduce this. Strangely, Imagemagick was converting a 367x367 file to... 191x192?! Some weird rounding error it seems. However, there is a "fill" option that appears to be able to fix this, so I've changed that for 1.2.3. (GD doesn't seem to have this problem.)

Top Bottom