Images uploaded through XF Media Gallery are not actually uploading.

James@MPT

When uploading an image to media gallery, it goes to 100% and says it is complete after clicking save. The image does not show up, however. Tested a few different browsers, different PCs, etc... no errors received, just acts like nothing was uploaded.

Have been able to upload images in the past, but now it isnt working...

Does the same happen when uploading images as attachments to posts?

Are you able to add media to the gallery with the flash uploader disabled?

Also check that the media items haven't gone to the moderation queue. Go to yoursite.com/moderation-queue you will need to make sure you are a moderator and have permission to manage moderated media (I think that's the edit any and delete any permission).

There is only an option to upload from a url when using a post attachment. That isn't the same.

I disabled the flash uploader and when I select an image to upload, nothing happens. it just sits there with a little popup window that wont display the name of the file I selected and no option to continue uploading it. Just sits there and says no file chosen until I try three more times, then the name displays but still won't upload. I click close on it and nothing happens.

No items are in moderation queue.

This used to work.

Thanks

I registered to take a look what was happening. The uploads are completely failing - after it gets to 100% it should finish writing the file, creating the attachment records and thumbnail and then show you the thumbnail and some fields to write the media title etc.

It's actually giving a JS error under normal conditions - not a particularly helpful one, though.

So I tried it with the Flash uploader disabled and I got a more meaningful error:

Code:
Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ')' in /home/{your-site}/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php on line 99

Actually if we go back to what Brogan said before:
Does the same happen when uploading images as attachments to posts?
And your response:
There is only an option to upload from a url when using a post attachment.
Your response was confusing. It is possible to upload attachments and images to posts, this actually uses the same system as the Gallery, hence why it was a reasonable thing to try. Sure enough when I did, I got the same problem as noted above.

I suspect that there are problems with your XF files. You can verify this by going to Admin CP > Tools > File Health Check. Please let us know the results of that check.

Went to my latest backup and found the file on the server is much smaller than any of the backup versions. re-uploaded the latest and now:

All 1,214 checked files are present and correct.

Thanks again!!!!

Top Bottom