Images as Avatars...

Can't find any info in the forum...

There is an option to "Use Media as Avatar" that we need to get rid of completely. I have ticked off in the settings that "Set avatar from media added by self" is no. But, the option is still there. Any ideas?

Thanks!

@Chris D I think this may be a bug as the Use media as avatar button is available when the permission is set to Not Set (No) and you can use media uploaded by other people as your avatar. You can see this here on XenForo.

I should hope so. People have that permission, here.

The default permission set now sets "Set avatar from media added by anyone" to Allow by default. Therefore you'll need to set that to No as well as the other one to switch it off.
Ah apologies, I forgot about this second permission as it is listed under moderator permissions, which I have enabled for moderators on my site but not users. I hadn't realised that thus permission was enabled on here, so my mistake. :)

How did I miss that?!? I even did a "find" avatar & it only came up once. Off to find it. Sorry to waste your time, Chris.

ETA: Thanks for saying where it is Martok...doesn't come up on my "search" for some reason, and I didn't see that moderator tab.

Last edited:
Top Bottom