1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image upload whithout url

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Robby, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

Hello,

How do i let my users upload pictures in posts whithout fetching them from another location. So basicly, how do you upload pictures directly to the installation/server? In attachements i don't see the functionallity...

Thanks in advance

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Click on the Upload a File button below the editor window.

3. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

Ah ok, but when i input it won't resize, are there no options to make the picture smaller besides thumnail?

4. Brogan

You can set maximum dimensions in the Attachments options in the ACP.

Here's some info' from the FAQ about attachment.

Why can't I upload an image, even though it is smaller than the maximum dimensions (pixels) permitted?
    Server-side file size (KB) resizing is not supported. Any files which are larger than the maximum size specified in theACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment File Size (KB) will be rejected.

Why can I upload an image, even though it is larger than the maximum file size (KB) permitted?
    Uploaded files are first resized based on the maximum physical dimensions (pixels) set in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions. If the resized image is below the maximum file size (KB) limit, then it will be allowed.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180445

5. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

But how do you match text around it, i don't find it.
    I want the picture an then on the right test...

6. Brogan