• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Image upload issue...

RyanC

So... this is a weird issue that I've just started to get reports of and that I can reproduce.

So, you start a thread and upload some images. Everything works fine. Then, you reply to that thread and add some more images. You get this error:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

However, if you close your browser (in this case, safari) and reopen, the upload goes fine.

Any ideas?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Your forum is quite heavily customised so it's possible an add-on or the style is involved.
Have you recently upgraded XF or any of the add-ons, or style?

The first thing to check is whether everything works as expected in a completely default unedited style, with all add-ons disabled.

RyanC

I think I have it figured out... If you try to upload images to a thread that has had replies since your last page refresh, the images almost always fail to upload. Could this be a bug?

RyanC

I don't... But, I think I just fixed it...

I went to admin cp > options >attachments

And changed "Max attachment file size" from 9000kb to 10000kb. The problem went away...

RyanC

Nope. Not fixed... And I've confirmed the issue....

If you try to upload a file as a reply to a post, but someone has already replied to the same post since your last refresh, you will get the error...

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I have replied to your ticket.

It actually appears to be related to sessions persistence as I am being force logged out after a few minutes.