1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Image Under Forum

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Mufasa, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

Here is a screenie of the site:
    As you can see, i have marked where i want an image to be placed. I have tried and failed using Shelleys code which places an image between categories but im still unfamiliar with the forum syntax, here is Shelleys code:

<xen:if is="{$category.node_id} == 1">
    How do i alter that to work between forums? i tried $node_, $node.level_1, doesnt seem to work, unless im placing in the wrong area lol.

Can anyone help?
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Which template are you editing?
  3. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

I tried node_forum_level1 & 2 and node_category_level1
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Not sure this is the best way but i did this via extra. It'll need adjusting and id altered to your preference.

.nodeList .node .level_2.node_7:after {
    background: url("path/to/your/custom/placed/image.png") no-repeat scroll center transparent;
    height: 150px;
    display: block;
    content: "";
    0xym0r0n, Jeremy and Mufasa like this.
  5. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

Shelley, is to too soon to say i love you? lol. Thanks!

Also, your code for adding subforums in columns doesnt work on my theme and the 1.2 option to do it doesnt work either, think i might have edited the code somehow or its not compatible with the code im using to make the forums in columns. Any suggestions?
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It does work it may just need configuring or there's a typo, missing ";" "{" "}". it's just one of those enhancements that needs adjusting a little to cater for each style because it's that much of a PITA. I'd suggest just tinkering with it more and persevering till it displays correctly.
  7. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

Ok, ill give it a go, thanks.