1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Image Proxy Failing in Random Instances

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Warchamp7, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 Active Member

I recently switched a site over to SSL and enabled the link/image proxies, but am having an issue where the image proxy is randomly failing.

The second (working) image and the third (broken) image are both gif links from giphy.com, but the proxy link failed to work for the third image.

The data-urls for both links are both correct and work fine. Any ideas why the Image Proxy failed in this instance? (There are other cases across the site as well)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are the failed images particularly large in terms of file size and/or dimensions?
  3. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 Active Member

I just read over a second report of the problem and this was my hunch, as this was the gif they had issues with: http://i.imgur.com/g2f5oSQ.gif

It failed here as well, so I imagine that's the problem? Is it a matter of it taking too long for the proxy to fetch? Is there a setting I can tweak to solve this?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can try increasing or disabling the proxy image limit but it may still time out if it takes too long to fetch.
    Warchamp7 likes this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There are size limits and time limits. The size limit you can tweak via "Image Cache Max Size". The download time limit you can't change and is to prevent certain attacks.
    eva2000 and Warchamp7 like this.