Fixed Image Popup not becoming visible on all/small images

CmptrWz

Affected version
When posting an image, the popup menu that allows for things like setting the size of the image, replacing it, setting alt text, etc only appears to lose the fr-hidden class under some circumstances. The image seems to need to be large enough and I've had more luck when there's a scrollbar on the post.

The menu is always being activated though, which creates a fun situation of being able to click on buttons that are invisible and open up menu boxes that are also invisible, as they're just 0 opacity.

Here's a quick snip of me putting the site logo into place here, clicking on it, and hovering over one of the invisible buttons:

1631746667978.webp

I don't know why this is happening, but suspect that it may be tied to attempting to detect if the menu is below the bottom of the edit box and failing to do so properly.

Possibly?

This was initially brought to my attention by someone else, and we just upgraded to 2.2.7, but I personally don't include images often enough to have known that the menu in question was a thing until it was brought up by the user.

...for the record, I normally do everything in BB code view anyway, due to bad experiences with graphical editors on forums in general over the years. :censored:

Edit: A 2.2.6 site is not showing this problem, so it does appear to be new to 2.2.7.

To clarify: You need to make the image larger for the pop-up to appear below it, or to leave it at its default size if it is larger, after which you can reduce the size as needed once the edits are done.

Yeah, we've got the same issue. If you go advanced edit (more options) when making your post, you can bypass it, but most people don't do that and once the post has been made, there's no way to enable it. :|

j5eaz5R.png

ICygmUx.jpg

The irony is not lost on me that when posting this, I'm also unable to Set the size ¯\(ツ)

I hope this gets addressed sooner rather than later.

The image editing pop-up menu has disappeared in 2.2.7 patch 1 for all size embedded pictures, and this is a big loss for my picture rich site.

We are also running 2.2.7 Patch 1. Click & drag resizing is 100% reliable but the bottom-center menu only pops about a third of the time. In fact, it didn't pop when I pasted this image into this post. Please fix it soon!

full-png.611280

We can force it by manually editing the BB code by adding align="left" or align="right", but not many of our members are capable of doing that.

Also on 2.2.7 patch 1 here, and I can't get the menu to appear no matter what I do, size of the pic, or whatever.

This is major functionality loss, please address this ASAP.

Thank you.

After some more testing, I've found that I can get the menu to fairly consistently show up, so long as the image is inserted onto an empty line with no other text.

After some more testing, I've found that I can get the menu to fairly consistently show up, so long as the image is inserted onto an empty line with no other text.

We can only get it to pop 25-30% of the time when inserting on a blank like or at the end of a post.

No luck here no matter what the trick.

The only thing that helped me was the post from @CmptrWz that showed the menu is still there, just invisible, so I just hunt for it with the mouse and act upon the hints that appear over each invisible button.

Let's hope 2.2.8 will fix this soon indeed.

My web guy's looked into it for a couple of hours and the issue (paraphrasing here) comes down to is the WYSIWYG Editor (which is 3rd party apparently) in the lastest release is basically about 3 months out of date versus the current version for some inexplicable reason.

Wow a whole three months? Terrible.

We're using the latest release in the version 3.0 line. Version 4.0.x is available but it may break things further so caution is required before it is integrated.

IMHO the age is of the least importance, as long as it doesn't break functionality.

I wouldn't mind having a 3 months old, or even 6 moths old editor, as long as it was working as expected.

This function of editing the images/photos was fine just a couple (or so) versions back, so something else is at work here I guess.

I would assume every major function of the editor is tested in regression testing before merging into prod line, so I'm a bit lost, I confess, to how come this might have happened/turned out this way.

I wouldn't mind having a 3 months old, or even 6 moths old editor, as long as it was working as expected.

This function of editing the images/photos was fine just a couple (or so) versions back, so something else is at work here I guess.

I would assume every major function of the editor is tested in regression testing before merging into prod line, so I'm a bit lost, I confess, to how come this might have happened/turned out this way.

^This. 100%.

Top Bottom