1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented image optimization while upload

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by vijaichander, Jan 4, 2014.

1. vijaichander

vijaichander Active Member

Hello,
    Is it possible to optimize images by compressing the uploaded images automatically after upload if the size is bigger than the specified size? Currently, I have limited the size of image that can be uploaded but I want the users to upload any size images and process it server side to reduce size of image and to make the site load faster for low bandwidth users and also for easier backup.
    regards,
    Vijai

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The best thing to do is set the maximum image width and height. The server will automatically resize the image so it falls within those values.

e.g. If you set it to 1024 x 1024 then an image that is 3072 x 2304 would be resized to 1024 x 768.

That makes a big difference in the image file size.

I believe their may be a hard coded value for the image quality too, but I really don't think you will need it if you force those image dimensions.

egerci and JJJ like this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As Chris said, resizing already occurs so all you need to do is set the options accordingly.

The FAQ in my signature explains in detail how images are handled.

4. vijaichander

vijaichander Active Member

OMG!!! Sorry for the noob question! It is common to miss a feature when a software has tons of it :D Again sorry :)

bobs409 and Chris D like this.
  5. bobs409

bobs409 Active Member

Don't feel too bad, I just did a search on this and ended up here for the same thing. :D

I didn't know this existed either. (y)

vijaichander likes this.
  6. supersuhot

supersuhot New Member

Just google to this post too. a lot help :)

vijaichander likes this.