Image Moderation

Glockie

Hello all,
I am just curious as to whether it is possible to view media, and then approve it?
If there is, I may have missed something.. I've looked but can't really find it anywhere.

I've also been searching these forums for quite some time but can't find much info on it either.
Basically, I would like to add all usergroups into moderation queue for images.

When images are uploaded, I would then like the moderator or myself, to review the images, and if they meet our criteria, approve or delete if not.

Is this currently possible? To look at images before they are approved/published?
Many thanks in advance..
:)

Infact, we have the option to approve unapprove on media albums..
Does this mean, we can have the albums OR images, in moderation - hidden from view, until approved?
I'm not quite sure on this you see.
Many thanks again ...

There is a permission for users to bypass the moderation queue. If they don't have that permission then media they create requires approval first.

There is a permission for users to bypass the moderation queue. If they don't have that permission then media they create requires approval first.

Indeed, does this mean then though, that moderators and admins, can see the images in the users' albums/uploads, before they're displayed publicly, so we can judge for ourselves if they're within the community guidelines and rules?

Can we preview them before allowing them?

Of course. They go in to the moderation queue. The same place posts etc can go based on permissions or if they are suspected of being spam.

@Chris D I think @Glockie was having the same problem as my moderators.. where if we had the permission "Approve / unapprove media:" set to (Not Set "No"), my moderators was able to see the media in moderation queue, but when they clicked on the media name to view it. They would get the permission error saying they could not view the media page, yet they could still approve/unapprove the media. As soon as I set the above permission to "Allow" the error page is gone. Possibly a bug here? Shouldn't the moderation queue exclude moderated media approval and denial from the usergroup all together if "Approve / unapprove media:" is set to (Not Set "No")?

Edit: Did not see how long ago the OP thread was.. but I was just trying to find a solution to this minor problem on my forum and ran into this post that sounded similar.

A moderator can see and manage media in the moderation queue if they have any one of the following three permissions: 'deleteAny', 'editAny' or 'approveUnapproveMedia'.

In terms of viewing unapproved media, they must have the 'approveUnapproveMedia' perm. So this seems to be working as I expect, right now.

So if they have 'deleteAny'(Delete media by anyone?) and 'editAny'(Edit media by anyone?) they will be able to 'approveUnaproveMedia' even if 'approveUnaproveMedia' is set to 'No' but not be able to view the media correct? This is how it seems to be right now and my moderators where getting confused as to why they were able to approve/unapprove media if they can't even see them. Which makes since, how is someone going to approve/unapprove something they can't see? I feel they should not be able to approve/unapprove w/o 'approveUnaproveMedia' permission set to allow as you can see this could cause some confusion and they should be able to view the media if they have any of the 3 permission set to allow.

Sorry just trying to understand how those permission works and why so I can't explain it better to them.

Last edited:
It's actually working the same as forum posts - you can view the queue if any one of those equivalent permissions is true, but there is a separate permission there that controls whether moderated content is visible. So the same situation can happen with posts, there can be moderated items in the queue which you cannot view.

In the gallery rather than a separate permission to view it is just implied by having the approve/unapprove permission.

Top Bottom