Fixed Image gallery metadata not displayed if uploaded to a thread

gib

Affected version
v2.2.0 Beta 1
Not sure if it's a bug or an oversight, but when you upload photos into a mirrored forum thread, the metadata isn't shown in the lightbox sidebar.

If I upload the same image directly to the relevant media gallery, the photo's metadata shows up in the sidebar when I view it from the media gallery, but not if it's uploaded to the forum thread.

Is image metadata only meant to be visible if the file is uploaded directly into the media gallery ?

Quote Reply

Report Edit Delete

Might be some anomalies with mp3 files too.
If I upload an mp3 file to media gallery, it plays fine in the media player.
If I upload an mp3 into a media mirrored forum thread, the mp3 player doesn't play in the media player, even when viewed after navigating to it in the relevant media gallery.

It might be worth testing it here too - I've just enabled MP3 as an allowed attachment file type.

But that's not related to image metadata so you would be better to open a new bug report about that.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XFMG release (2.2.0 RC1).

Change log:
Attempt to maintain image metadata when mirroring attachments to the media gallery.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom