Image as link?

Pasting a link to an image hosted on a different site. I've tried it in the demo using the insert/edit image and it always shows the image inline. I was wondering if that could be configured so it would show as a link like your example?

All you would need to do is paste the link to the image in the editor, highlight it, and then click the icon that looks like a chain and paste in the link there as well..

Pasting a link to an image hosted on a different site. I've tried it in the demo using the insert/edit image and it always shows the image inline. I was wondering if that could be configured so it would show as a link like your example?
Using the insert/edit image function is embedding the image.

Just paste the image URL directly into the editor, as with any other text, if all you want is a link.

For example: http://www.google.co.uk/images/logos/ps_logo2.png

Edit: Or perhaps you meant as EQNoble suggested, I wasn't clear on what it is you were after.

If you insert an image from a url you can also highlight the image after and click the chain icon to paste in the desired location that the image would link to.

Edit :
Edit: Or perhaps you meant as EQNoble suggested, I wasn't clear on what it is you were after.
I wasn't sure either as the thread title and the content kind of messed with me so I figured I would post what my implied understanding of the question was from the thread title...didn't mean to butt in. :-)

I would like only uploaded images to display automatically. And images linked via url with insert/edit to show as a link that must be clicked to view.

Does insert/edit image use the same permissions as an attachment.

panel.webp
an uploaded image test with a link.

So anything linked via url with insert/edit image will show with no way to control the image size?
The image will be resized to fit the post body width and clicking it will zoom to full size.

Apart from the click to zoom, this is standard behaviour when embedding an image.

scrat-ice-age-hd-wallpaper-1920x1200.jpeg

I do like the way the dimensions are scaled to match the post size. But I don't suppose the file size scales as well? Say if a user inserts a huge image, while the dimensions scale down the viewer is going to get the original full file size down his internet connection?

Top Bottom