1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Image Alignment Options?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Zanthor, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

Are there any addons that allow for image alignment options such that I can embed inline images in my posts?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Inline images is a core feature in XenForo. Just click on Upload a File and insert them, like so:

Toan 2.png

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Amaury likes this.
  4. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

There are no alignment options however. So if I want to write a paragraph around a picture, I can't.

imgres.jpg Bacon ipsum dolor sit amet turducken nulla kielbasa laboris, irure aliquip in shankle et sed filet mignon. Pork loin leberkas magna, spare ribs bacon ham velit t-bone. Bresaola pastrami fatback laborum meatloaf, tongue deserunt jerky hamburger. Porchetta pariatur elit laborum dolore turducken magna eu sed in pig chicken. Duis nisi adipisicing pork, ham reprehenderit venison culpa.

5. Brogan

Create float bb code as I mentioned above.

Amaury likes this.
  6. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

Hadn't seen that when I replied... I found where to do this in the admincp... is there documentation or a sample anywhere as there's a lot I'm not sure what to answer. Found this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bb-code.3817/ but it certainly doesn't apply directly...

I swear that link yous hared wasn't there a second ago!

7. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

Hrm, trying to create a new BBCode and I get:

The following error occurred:
    Please enter an ID using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and _ characters.

There is no field 'ID' that I can see.

8. Brogan

9. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

That solves it and answers what I was doing wrong.

Thanks!

10. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

I spoke too soon, that added the float left and right BBCodes but they don't work.

Once I added style="float: right;" to the BBCode that took care of it, of course I could define the style ctaBbcodeFloatRight in extra.css but I'm not sure there's a clear advantage to that since I don't forsee reusing that style.

11. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

Also the BBCode added to the toolbar in the editor but didn't load a graphic, I'm not sure I understand the value imported on the advanced tab that I think is supposed to add the graphic.

Nevermind... got it.