XF 2.2 I'm importing for a client but keep getting an error that the internal and external directories are not found or writeable?

Erin Nicole

I am trying to import from domain.com to subdomain.domain.com

I have 2.2.8 patch 1 installed and running fine on both. Now I'm running the importers. I'm going from 2.2.8 patch 1 to 2.2.8 patch 1.

I have the database details entered in the importers on subdomain.domain.com. Now it is asking me for an internal and external directories. No matter what I enter they are always not readable and not found.

I tried looking at the docs but I'm not understanding what I am supposed to be entering in those fields.

I'm confused why you are importing at all. Moving to a subdomain is a simple change with no database or import work required.
I need to do a reinstall because the client of mine used a dev on fiverr for the original install and he used a null version of XF and some addons, now I am doing a reinstall of a non-nulled version that he received as a gift from someone else. So, I'm trying to do it right this time.
EDIT: I know all of the people involved and know that this version of XF will 100% not be null or stolen or etc.

I still think this is not the best approach.

overwrite the files via ftp
run the upgrader from admincp
done.

assuming, the null version just removes the license check.

change dns around if you want it on a subdomain.

I still think this is not the best approach.

overwrite the files via ftp
run the upgrader from admincp
done.

assuming, the null version just removes the license check.

change dns around if you want it on a subdomain.
Oh, so that's as simple as it is? Wow, I thought it would be harder lol
You may want to confirm the new one is a valid license.

If in doubt, ask them for a validation token and check here: https://xenforo.com/customer-api/
It is, I checked.

Top Bottom