XF 1.5 I'm having trouble putting an image in my sidebar

Sal Collaziano

I'm trying to use the "ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" template but I've tried adding the code in other ad_sidebar templates as well and nothing is working. I'm using a custom style and I'm adding the code into the block for both styles. The code is just a static image on my server with a link to an internal page. Are there any scenarios where a setting would prevent code from working in this area?

Last edited:
I see I need to edit locations in "PAGE_CONTAINER" for this to work. But while I'm in that area, I don't see "ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel". I do see "ad_sidebar_top" and "ad_sidebar_bottom". How do I get "ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" in there?

I suspect that's an issue with your custom style, or you are adding the code to the wrong style.

You can test by adding some simple text to the ad_* template and it should show immediately.

If I edit the template directly nothing shows up. If I edit the template from the "PAGE_CONTAINER" area - no problem. It shows up. I just can't find the "ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" in the list of tabs in that area. I'm making the changes to the standard XenForo style as well as the custom style. It's kind of the strangest thing... But I'm guessing there's a simple explanation...

ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel is called within the sidebar_visitor_panel template (which is included in the PAGE_CONTAINER template).

Top Bottom