I'm freeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, well that does make a difference. I knew it was there, just hadn't looked at the details enough to know which version it worked or didn't work on. Nothing lost then after all. :)

For me not an option considering I don't want no one trying to redo and release which I know many do.
I don't visit vborg very much.

Are you saying rather than letting others try to support and maintain the modifications you wrote, you removed them?

I would never have removed my submissions from there. Releases I make primarily are there to help others just like they will be here.

I am officially free of vBulletin. Just sold my last license last night, took down all mods I had on vb.org and now I have money in my pocket awaiting XenForo's official release.

*Pats self on back* Proud of myself for this decision. Best one I have made in years. LOL
Let me see if I understand - you don't run a forum but you buy forum licenses? Awesome. Makes sense.

Oh wait, here's where you'll say that you are a developer. That's why you needed those licenses. Well that's even smarter then! Cutting off your source of income completely to wait patiently for a new, smaller one to arrive.

Got it. You should be proud of yourself.

I sold my licenses cuz I have no interest in them. I do have a site tyvm, its a pet site and I am converting to another forum until xF is done. I swear if I knew I would have to take the 3rd degree for removing MY mods that I wrote on MY own time then I would never had said anything. Thanks everyone for making me feel like crap. Appreciate it.

Good for you Steve. Taking them down was probably the best thing to do. I've seen people trying to use unsupported mods screaming for help even though they are listed as unsupported. Others will try and help but it usually just turns into a cluster after a while.

I sold my licenses cuz I have no interest in them. I do have a site tyvm, its a pet site and I am converting to another forum until xF is done. I swear if I knew I would have to take the 3rd degree for removing MY mods that I wrote on MY own time then I would never had said anything. Thanks everyone for making me feel like crap. Appreciate it.
Wow, that's really sad. I wish you the best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom