I'm assuming xenForo will have the slickest vbulletin migration script ever seen?

sross

I've kicked the tires on this forum and am impressed with it's direction. IB should be very afraid. When xenForo has some plugins, maybe a gallery addon and few other bits I will be very intrigued, and if they have a 1-click vBulletin import... could be a game changer. Good luck with the build!

You can always downgrade from version 4 to version 3, before upgrading to xenforo 1.x
I am sure they will cover both versions. I can't imagine Mike and Kier NOT wanting the unhappy version 4 customers's their money.

Wow that would drive me crazy. I change mine every year or so. :confused:
It was usually for security reasons. I play Eve Online and was running an 'alliance' forum with over 3000 people. And you'd be surprised how competitive that game really is. Hell, my IPB was hacked into just to gleam 'intel' on fleet movements. Long story. There are a lot of black hat's playing Eve Online and forums are usually a hacking target.

this is the hope. but i read somewhere a Kier's post where he said that the vB4 converter will not released immediately ...
I don't use vB at all so this doesn't bother me per-se, but did he mention as to why? They should be released at the same time. The overall coding between converters can't be too different, can they?

I don't use vB at all so this doesn't bother me per-se, but did he mention as to why? They should be released at the same time. The overall coding between converters can't be too different, can they?
i dunno mate, the 2 DBs are pretty similar ... but i can't remember any specific reason for this ... maybe he can answer us by himself here ... :)

It was usually for security reasons. I play Eve Online and was running an 'alliance' forum with over 3000 people. And you'd be surprised how competitive that game really is. Hell, my IPB was hacked into just to gleam 'intel' on fleet movements. Long story. There are a lot of black hat's playing Eve Online and forums are usually a hacking target.

I can imagine it might work for some, not for others, for various reasons.

I am pretty sure people will not bother to go to my site just because the last time their pass worked, and now they have to jump through hoops.

I don't tend to forget any passwords anymore. Keepass ftw :D
I love Keepass. Got it on my Linux machines, on my Windows machines and even on my iPod Touch. It's awesome.
Another great tool is Lastpass. Go to lastpass.com and check it out. Even the free version is awesome.
It integrates with ALL browsers (apart from Opera of course), no matter what platform. I used to use Roboform back in my Windows days. But when I switched to Linux I had to find an alternative.
Lastpass is really good and fits my needs as well as Roboform did.

I still hate changing passwords, because I already use good ones - but very few of them. I'd have to start coming up with new ones and I'm paranoid about some day locking myself out, because I can't remember a password.

Top Bottom