XF 2.1 Im a Super Admin with no Moderating Privileges

JasonJaz

Even though every setting is set to yes under my name and in admin privileges, when I analyze my Global privileges I am set to no in Moderating.
So I cant edit other people posts. Wouldn't a super admin inherit all Privileges?

There are so many damn settings. What could I be missing?

Administrators are not moderators and vice versa.
A member can be one or the other, both, or neither.

Administrator permissions apply to the backend, moderator permissions apply to the front end.

Understood but you would think super admin permissions over ride registered members permissions. But you guys been using XF longer than me
Plenty of us have been there. It wasn't very intuitive for me either, coming from other forum platforms. The good news, though, is it only gets easier. ;)

Plenty of us have been there. It wasn't very intuitive for me either, coming from other forum platforms. The good news, though, is it only gets easier. ;)

I have everything else on lock but the stupid things like this get overlooked sometimes. Another issue is I hardly ever read instructions as I've been running forums for 20 years with a few different platforms. But yet I still come up with the dumb newbie question here and there.

But xF is by far the best platform I ever worked with, I just wish I knew more about it years ago. It's always a big scary thought to switch when you are a veteran on other platforms.

Its like trying to get 500,000 members to understand Messages are now called Conversations, that was a nightmare.

Top Bottom