1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illegal Images On My Forum ?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by damowhite666, Nov 24, 2012.

1. damowhite666

damowhite666 Active Member

Need some help on the use of images ? If you look at my forum banner at the top... What image laws am I breaking there ? If I am... What can I do ? I mean what kind of banner can I upload ? What images can I use. Rather not be sued/fined... Thanks :)
  2. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to your forum? :)
  3. damowhite666

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Why would you be sued or fined?

That would only happen if you're using artwork or other resources that you don't own or don't have permission to use. That's the only rule really.
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. damowhite666

I just took those images from Google images and stuck them together, so that's okay ? That's legal ?
  6. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I don't think Nintendo or Microsoft would sue you because you have pics of their characters in your banner. Technically they can request that you take their pics down but chance of this happening is 0,0001%
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  7. damowhite666

So, If I re-uploaded a banner or a similar banner I photo shopped together that would be fine ? Because the forum is non profit, i'm not selling the banner, not making money ect... ? That would be cool ?
  8. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

You worry too much for nothing. Your site is fine.