IGN's post edit history

Ingenious

I saw a retweet from Kier that mentioned IGN's forum, this is now running XenForo.

Having a browse on that site and I noticed a neat "Post last edited by..." tag on the bottom of some posts, which would be amazing to have too.

I assume this is a custom plugin they're using? I can't see any plugin in resources (having searched titles only for "edit").

See for example their post about it:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/post-edit-history.250024257/

I notice they have the sidebar on the forum's thread listings pages too, that works well.

Edit - thanks Ragtek - will keep an eye on that for when it goes "gold"

I think it's an excellent site all around. Very clean and easy on the eye but still packs in a lot of info.

I also like the way they've done adverts in the first post (something I normally detest) as square shaped but off to the side. Doesn't alter the flow of the thread directly, but is there on the right.

Edit - In fact it's a nod to how much I like their site I'm looking into copying two of their design features - sidebar on the list of threads in a forum, and potentially an advert in the first post in the way they've done it.

I also like the way they've done adverts in the first post (something I normally detest) as square shaped but off to the side. Doesn't alter the flow of the thread directly, but is there on the right.
Nice pickup !

I think this is especially easy to do because of today's widescreen monitors !
It would be bad to do on an iphone (mobile style).

I added it to my "Styles thread".

Top Bottom